Friday, August 21, 2015

Meet My Girl

I started with post out about my birthday. It was oh so whiny and pathetic that it was promptly deleted with a grimace. I'm 27. Yay.
Instead of being that depressing, cranky mom right now, I'm going to attempt to write about something that I am extremely grateful and insanely happy about: my daughter.

Meet Nimue.

I'm 2! And seeing The Minions in 3D, my first time at the movie theater.

This girl is the most amazing little princess I have ever had the joy of meeting. And yes, I am extremely biased ;)
Let me reflect briefly about her wonderful existence.

I have been a stay-at-home-mom since the day this girl was born. To be honest, I was home since being 4 months pregnant. Nimue wasn't our first pregnancy, but our fourth. I feel like that makes her all that much more special and amazing to me.
You can't have rainbows without a little rain.
So, after a painful and stressful pregnancy, this little girl made her appearance in the world. And she forever changed mine. It is truly hard to remember a time before her. I'm fairly certain that I slept and watched TV a whole hell of a lot.
Anyways, I've had the pleasure of teaching and learning with this girl for the past two years. That time is coming to an end, hopefully temporarily while her parents figure their shit out. But I am forever grateful for the time that I get to share with this girl, however short it is these days. I love the way she is such a goofball. She loves everything girl related, from tutus and princesses, to necklaces and hairbrushes. Getting dirty is a must and rocks are the coolest toys ever. Rain boots are her favorite accessory and she has never met a piece of chocolate that she doesn't like. Her smile lights up the dark and her silly faces made my day brighter.
In short, she is just one cool chick.

Since my husband and I are going through a separation, but working on things, I don't get to spend as much time with this girl as I would like. And she won't be little forever. Part of me is angry and I feel like our time is being cut short and ripped away. I want my daughter, every minute of every day. I have worked in child care since leaving high school, and always thought how silly it would be to go back to teach other children when I can be with and teach my own. The very thought of bringing her to daycare and then go to another room to teach other children seriously makes me tear up. But this is life.
 The other part of me is grateful for the time that I have had and still have with her. Only seeing her half of the time is not something that I ever thought that I would have to deal with. But it's life now and I need to accept it... But my heart is fighting like hell against it!
Anyways, this is Nimue. My love and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment